WELCOME

Joseph and I welcome you to our world--the world of writing and photography and all that is involved with being published authors. We hope you will come to know us...and our writings.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Title Change


Originally we had planned to do a book titled Lost in the Fifties. However, plans are now to do a sequal to our last book. The work in progress now is Treasured Memories: A Collection of Short Stories.

Stories and memoirs are separated in the six following subjects: Childhood, The Fifties, Love, Faith, Memoral Moments, and Special Men.

Excerpt from Treasured Memories (Childhood)

Smoking Behind the Barn
Born in 1932, the third of six children in Wharton County, I went through difficult times while living on the farm. My parents worked hard on the farm, as did my brothers and sisters. My youngest brother and I worked and played together. As teenage farm boys, we had lots of fun. One day we tired of playing, so we decided to do something different.

“Geeze, I’m tired of racing the John Deer and Farmall tractors in the garden. We’ve played just about every game I know. What do you want to do now?” I asked my youngest brother.

“I don’t know…what do you want to do?”

I thought a bit, and then said. “I know something we can do, but you have to not let Daddy catch us.”

***
READ THE ENDING IN OUR BOOK...COMING IN THE FALL 2011

~Vada and Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment