WELCOME

Joseph and I welcome you to our world--the world of writing and photography and all that is involved with being published authors. We hope you will come to know us...and our writings.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

How wonderful it would be to be able to go home for the holidays. Since that is impossible for many, let's enjoy a little holiday music and the feel of home. http://youtu.be/rjUDwQBM2KA  (click on the link and enjoy)

***
As a young girl growing up in the country, Mama and Daddy made sure "Santa" made his visits to my younger sister and me. It was always a fun time of the year.

As we grew into adulthood and had families of our own, Mama made sure her home was decorated to the hilt and the tree was decorated just so. Christmas was her favorite time of the year.

Her very last Christmas was 2004. She was living with me and my husband because of her health. I was weary from caring for her and didn't want to put up a tree. 

"Can't we just put up a tiny tree so we can look at the lights," she said.

I gave a sigh and said, "I guess so, Mama." I went to the nearest Hobby Lobby and bought a four-foot tree with lights already on it. The decorations were simple . It mattered not; she loved the lights.

To this day, that tiny tree has stood in my den...never taken down. Our two-year old grandson, Braden, likes to rearrange the teal, gold, and magenta colored ornaments...or try to bounce them like balls, making it necessary to re-decorate the tree once again.

It's a sad looking tree. What do you expect after being up for seven years. I just don't have the heart to take down Mama's last tree. Today's goal is to remove all the decorations and redecorate...after all it is December 1.  May the sights and sounds of this season bring joy to your hearts. May the true meaning be expressed to each and everyone.

A Note from Joseph:
I am appreciative of my grandparents for making it possible in achieving life's goals. I owe them much and for what they have given me. This is the best Christmas present I could have--the gift of life, love, friendship, and all that seemed so impossible from long ago. What more could I ask for?

P.S. This photograph shows that I did accomplish my goal for today. I opted for gold this year.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

~Vada and Joseph

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vada: Your redecorated tree is gorgeous. I know your mama would love it.

    Merry Christmas ~

    Hugs,
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lora. I can almost see Mama with a smile of approval on her face.

    ReplyDelete