WELCOME

Joseph and I welcome you to our world--the world of writing and photography and all that is involved with being published authors. We hope you will come to know us...and our writings.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

BEING THANKFUL

Thanksgiving is the time of the year when one reflects on the many blessings given to us by our wonderful Creator and God. Some things we, such as the very air we breathe, we never consider, yet how important it is to each of us.

Joseph had cataract surgery on September 23 and I had mine on October 12. I find it strange that writing partners 1100 miles apart shared the same problem. Until my recent cataract surgery, I had never thought about blinking. I do now!

My surgery went as planned but has left me with a slight problem, and I've come to be thankful for lubricant eye drops and being able to hold my eye open properly. The eye doctor now wants to operate on my lids to open my eyes more. I admit...I'm not anxious for this. There are risks each time one has surgery, or so I have learned.

Yet, in spite of the personal trials I'm experiencing I'm still thankful for how things work for good. Take for example how my sending out a small amount of flyers telling others about our recent published books and the signings I would be doing.

My aunt in San Antonio, Texas was interested in one of the books and bought the kindle version from amazon.com. She loved the book so well, she had my uncle read it. He, too, loved the book. I know this because she called my cousin, Margaret, and asked if she'd read my book "The Caregiver's Story" to which she said, "No, but I'll sure buy it!"

At our annual family Thanksgiving Reunion I was surprised at how everyone was coming to me, asking for a copy of my book. This thrilled me beyond words. Not only did I sell them a copy of my book but one of "Treasured Memories" the latest book Joseph and I have published.

Writing is a passion that requires a lot of work and a disciplines lifestyle. Yet, when an author gets positive feedback, it makes all the work and discipline worthwhile...and WE ARE THANKFUL.

~Vada and Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment