WELCOME

Joseph and I welcome you to our world--the world of writing and photography and all that is involved with being published authors. We hope you will come to know us...and our writings.

Monday, November 28, 2011

A DAY IN OUR LIVES


It's 4:36 a.m. and my day has begun--a little earlier than usual. Since the forming of our partnership, three years ago, Joe and I have begun our day at 5:00 a.m., but today I'm up a little earlier. I wanted to work on our blog before his arrival. Presently, he is suffering from a bad cold, and our chat session will be brief. However...this is how a normal day goes for us.

He awakens from a restless sleep and with tousled hair makes his way to his downstairs study. He puts on his "bubble" pot, as he calls his noisy coffee pot, of Teeccino (herbal coffee)
http://www.teeccino.com/, sits down at his  desk, turns on his computer, and logs onto Yahoo Messenger.

After quickly checking his mailbox and deleting some of the junk mail, he joins me as I've just propped myself up in bed and placed my hard-working laptop on my lap.

"Good morning, Joe."

"Good morning, Vada. Happy Monday to you," he responds. Our day has begun.

After each of us reporting how our night went, he offers me a cup of cyber-Teeccino and a cookie...or banana. We sip and slurp our morning away as we make plans for the day and work on ways to promote our recently published books.

The following is what my screen looks like as our conversation moved to a new idea. (Please overlook the typos; Joe is a one-finger typist. Also, the caps are so that we both can see the text. We both suffer with poor vision.)

I'M ALSO GONG TO CONTACT STACEY IN NEIGHBORHOOD AND ENCOURAGE HER TO BECOMAS A PARTY OF OUR PUBLICITY TEAM
Vada Wolter (11/27/2011 5:50:59 AM): DOROTHY LEARNED ABOUT THE BOOKS THROUGH A FLYER I SENT HER.....HOW BOUT THAT?!?!
Joe Zapalac (11/27/2011 5:51:07 AM): WE NEED TO HAVE A DAILY NEWS LETTER GOING OUT IN THE MAIL TO OUR SUPPORTERS
Vada Wolter (11/27/2011 5:51:31 AM): DAILY? HMMMM MAYBE A WEEKLY ONE...
Joe Zapalac (11/27/2011 5:51:41 AM): WOWW > O GOTTTA GET THESE F:YERS PRINTED AND SENT OUT IN CARDS TO MANY PEOPLE.


We continue our session, sipping and munching our way to 7 a.m. when we break and move into our daily routine. I usually go back to bed while he does his 7 to 8 routine and works his way through the day.

Our second session begins around 3:00 p.m.  We report on how our day went, what we accomplished...or didn't accomplish. We find it beneficial in our long-distance partnership to keep in close contact.

Before long, two hours pass and we each prepare for the dinner hour.

"Good night, Joe. Rest well." I type on the screen.

"Good night, Vada. You're the best, " he responds.
~Vada

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vada and Joe, I find your partnership very intriguing, and the way you work is interesting. Hope you continue to produce good books and have great success with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Velda. Our partnership is different than most, but it seems to work for us. With 1100 miles between us, we had to learn ways to communicate. The use of headsets work great, too.

    ReplyDelete